Marisa's note 9/8/16: It's been 5 years since I updated my blog here. I want to have a spot to collect all the other blogs and interviews I did over the last few years in one place before they all eventually disappear off the web. This is a blog I wrote for our adoption website (now just free hosted on Weebly for the time-being) in March 2014.
So, who are these people??
3/4/2014
Dear Baby,
You are pretty blessed to have a family that is so, so eagerly awaiting your arrival (well, I don't know if your cousin Kayden knows he's waiting for you, but he's only a year old :) ) So who are these people? Let me give you a quick look at the characters around these parts:
You are pretty blessed to have a family that is so, so eagerly awaiting your arrival (well, I don't know if your cousin Kayden knows he's waiting for you, but he's only a year old :) ) So who are these people? Let me give you a quick look at the characters around these parts:
Mom (hey, that's me!): 30...something, world-traveler, animal lover, Super Auntie.
Dad: Amazing 5th grade teacher, lover of puns, Scrabble & Boggle player extraordinaire.
Grandma Debbie & Grandpa John:
I don't think there are any two grandparents-to-be who are more
anxiously awaiting a grandchild. You're lucky that they live just the
next town over!
Grandpa David: A master storyteller, he's going to be your confidant and I expect him to take you on as many adventures as he did with me!
Nano: Dad's mom who lives with us - a built in grandma!
Aunt Sadie: Dad's sister who lives next-door. A non-judgmental counselor, a gentle spirit, a sister I never had.
Uncle Junior:
An uncle who works at a toy store? Can there be anything more exciting
for a kid?? Also known for being a good cook and generous with his
time.
Kameran and Kayden: Your cousins! Kam is 6, loves superheros and is super smart. Kayden is 1, and loves cats, especially Rye & Minty.
Rye & Minty: Minty is a protector, curious, friendly and acts like a mom to Rye. Rye is sweet, cautious, and very, very fluffy! Both handle being around kids pretty darn well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment