Ok, I'm just putting this down here so I can remember. It's nothing that should cause too much alarm or excitement. I am simply calling someone tomorrow, or maybe tonight if I can reach her in time, about a possible situation. Baby due in January. That's all I know. I don't know if it fits any of our drug/alcohol/mental illness criteria, or anything. I don't know if we can afford the fees. I don't know anything, except that I am supposed to call tomorrow.
It's a long story of how I got to this place, and I'll try to explain as best I can.
One week ago, I dropped our profiles off at our adoption agency. I was very excited, and couldn't believe after more than a full year of getting ready to come to that point, it was finally here! I sent out a note to just about everyone in our address book about our adoption plan, and links to our website, profile, Facebook page, etc etc. One of those people that got our info was my step-grandma. My step-grandma started talking to a friend of hers who'se daughter had recently adopted,a nd was adopting again. The daughter had ben with an agnecy for to years and hadn't been matched, so she contacted a facilitator. The facilitator came through for her, and she was matched.
So, now the facilitator has several situations that she's looking for prospective adoptive parents for. But, of course, the facilitator has fees, fees that would be crazy for me to pay now, since we JUST went live with our own agency. But, here's where the crazy part comes... my mom got really excited, did some of her own research, but mainly just listened to this third hand information, and offered to pay the facilitators fee for me if I wanted to open our search up. So, I'm torn, but at the very least it's worth me checking out for myself.
The woman who used the facilitator talked to me a bit this weekend, and just Facebooked me that she called the facilitator and the facilitator wants to talk to me about a baby being born in early January via scheduled c-section. So, that's what I'm calling about tonight or tomorrow morning. Too say I'm nervous is truly an understatement!!
I'll update later.
Oh Wow!! Best of luck and many prayers for you going out tonight!
ReplyDeletePlease keep us updated! I am so excited/nervous for you!!!
ReplyDeleteWill be thinking of you, and wishing you lots of luck!!! Eek! Exciting!!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck!
ReplyDelete