Friday, July 23, 2010

A New Schedule

Once we moved, my commute increased to 1 hour 30-45 minutes each way. Yuck! My boss started getting nervous that I was going to bail, so she made it clear I could experiment a bit with my schedule. For the last three months I've been working 5 seven hour days, but it was still costing us so much in gas and time. I used to carpool, but once I moved and shortened my hours it wasn't feasible (the gal I carpooled with had to work her same hours). After a lot of thought, dh & I decided that if I could carpool again, we would save enough for me to cut my hours to 4 eight hour days & take Fridays off. I don't remember actually asking my boss, I think I just told her that I would be doing it, and that was that. So, now I drive back to my old neighborhood in the morning, and my carpool buddy meets me and we alternate who drives each week. It's working out perfectly!

This means that I have my first non-M-F job in about 13 years, so I really want to take advantage of the one week-day off. I'm going to attempt to document each Friday I have off from now on & bring you along on the adventure! Of course, since I've just now thought of this idea (on Friday #2), I'm going to backdate this post, and the next one, but from there on in I hope I can keep doing it! Follow me while I explore Work Free Fridays!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new work schedule - sounds nice!

    Thank you for recommending those art books - I can't wait to check them out for Zoe. :)

    ReplyDelete