I have a few things I'd like to post about, but it will have to wait until next week at the earliest. I'm taking an internet break for the labor day weekend. Unfortunately I am very much addicted to the internet, and it's causing me to neglect the important things in life. I sit down for a second and next thing I know I've been stuck for an hour and then another hour and so on. During the week I only have 3 to 4 hours after work until bedtime and I'm just not using the time well. I see a habit that needs breaking and priorities that need to be re-adjusted. So, I'm going cold-turkey just for Sat, Sun, & Mon (and today once I get home from work) and hopefully I can re-energize myself, work on some adoption stuff, clean my aquarium, get some quality time in with my husband, etc, etc. DH has vowed to join me (he's not as bad as me, but he has come down with a slight case of a Mob Wars obsession on Facebook).
PS. I have found internet postings from me going back to 1994 (on a Mystery Science Theater 3000 message board no less), so this is really going to be tough. I just keep thinking about how I'm able to go without when I'm on vacation to remote places (although even in the Galapagos Islands there was at least one place to check internet).
I'll be back in the not too far off future!
No comments:
Post a Comment